View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to Spoolio
Default HPI Blitz RTR steering help needed.

Bought a used Blitz RTR that wouldn't steer. The stock HPI servo was so tired it would hardly turn the rack with the wheels off the ground so it has been binned. I've fitted an Orion VDS1409 which goes in OK-ish but as per the pics the balljoint on the rack is hard up against the servo case when the steering is centred. The rack is an STRC alloy one by the way that came in the truck so I can't go back to the plastic rack as I don't have the bits.

I've tried to use a Futaba S9350 but that seems to be too long as it fouls the x-member between the servo and battery area.

The Blitz manual only shows one style of servo mounting so I'm assuming there is nothing that can be done to adjust it there. Basically the servo needs to sit back about 1mm.

So please, does anybody have any ideas before I reluctantly start Dremelizing a brand new servo . I'd even consider buying another servo but have no idea what would fit and/or be man enough for the job (I had the Orion and the Futaba lying about so thought I'd try to use one first).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg servorub1.jpg (249.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg servorub2.jpg (280.0 KB, 16 views)