View Single Post
Old 16-09-2014

if I saved up and got a 4wd after buying a 2wd sct and a buggy how much am i looking at to get the tekno ready to run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justingt5 View Post
Hi there,

depends what video you saw, I uploaded the 4wd final from ARC. I personally run 4wd but there is both 2wd and 4wd classes.

The power systems used depends on which class you run, 4wd tend to have much more powerful motors such as 550 size 4pole motors from 3500kv upwards.

2wd tend to stay with 540 size motors ranging from anything like an 8.5t down to 6.5ish some may be lower for the brave, they tend to be lower powered than 4wd as they cannot put the power as easily without pulling the front wheels up in the air,

RTR kits will do the job and with the right tyres and the right driver its surprising what you can do. That said if you want to race at the front then invariably its going to cost you more. The main reason I went 4wd is due to the extra strength of the cars, I ran a slash 4x4(that is for sale ready to race if your interested) and that got me a B Final win an A final finish and a 3rd in the B Final at various rounds in the SC Nationals an that was before I fitted the Pro Trac wide arm kit. I now run the Tekno SCT410 which is the strongest SC truck I have ever seen and with the right electrics its damn fast too.

Theres a couple of angles to look at this, go RTR and start from scratch, buy a cheap roller and start from scratch or get a hardcore competition truck and start from scratch. Whichever way you go its a massive learning curve if your relatively new.

Prices vary for RTR from say £180 upto £510 but you will still need a load of other stuff such as transponder, wheels, tyres, lipos, body, spares etc which all adds up. All my slash stuff is going as part of the sale you could save a fortune with that as it has all you need (apart from a different TX/RX as it dont like the servo thats in it)

Danny Conway is the man to talk to about the Team C truck, nice looking bit of kit but im sure he could still win with a stock blitz LOL The most popular chassis in the 2wd class at the SC Nats is by far the Durango Desc210, affordable and light with great setup options, however they do seem a little fragile. Much the same in 4wd with most running Durango Desc410 with Mark Everitt and Danny Conway running the team C. The Tekno turned a few heads last time out though

If your interested in the TEKNO SCT410 take a look on my website, http://teamkirk.co.uk they are available from DMS RACING for £330 but its a chassis kit only, no wheels/tyres/electrics or body.