View Single Post
Old 14-09-2014

To be honest I share your concerns and thats the exact reason why I started looking at this series.
There is a massive divide between people rocking up at clubs with their christmas/brithday present or impluse purchase RTR and the peopl who race regularly and and have made the investment in LiPos, ESC etc

All the Torment cup is is simple idea to gain numbers at clubs, regionals, even nationals (if they'd have us ) all by creating a simple class of ultra standard trucks, open source set-ups and a clear support.

As for the scrutineering question. As I said the idea is the cup will be self administered within the normal racing class by a 'local admin' seperate from the meeting officials using either a box fresh truck as or the manual for the truck, they can clear up issues as they arise, the "he has X on his truck and thats not stock" can be dealt with pretty simply because the rules are VERY simple. AND if a truck are illegal to the Torment Cup regs they are still classed in the overall regs so they get to keep racing! so their day isn't wasted

All I want to do is help arrest the current decline by offering a simple cheap alternative.