View Single Post
Old 17-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTSHOT III View Post
TBH here at South Coast RC it's mainly 1/8th truggies who are happy where they are because it's a truggy circuit (bumpy) but the closest 1/8th buggy astro track to you is Swindon (I think) so if you advertised on forums etc you'd probably get enough to run a heat.

Your jumps are certainly big enough for the 1/8th guys

I definitely think brushless is the future of 1/8th, the acceleration is so much more immediate than nitro, they're easier to work on/use and with reference to our current barbecue summer, Hobbywing have just released a waterproof 120A esc.

Sorry I can't be of any more help from here but i'd definitely be active on the forums if you decided to go ahead with this.

well i was a die hard nitro boy and i am slowly going over to the dark side.

i am about to pull the trigger on a tekno v4 rc8 kit and then pull all the bits over from my rc8b that has almost all the 8.2 bits on to it.

as in power and wear and tear etc.... i think the 1/8th and the 1/10th do the same amount of damage to the astro the only thing that take more of a beating is the walls and sides as the 1/8th is heavier.

your track is def bigg enough for the 1/8th and the track will be very tech and tight but still fun.

i will stay in nitro still but with my truggy as i can have the best of both worlds nitro and electric.

if you do go 1/8th electric let me know as i will be racing there. but for the moment i need to get my 1/10th electric running again aas the new motor is broken already. *pretty pissed and guttered TBH*

cheers
levon