View Single Post
Old 26-03-2017

Red face

Going back to the cheap TSKY 120a ESCs that we were talking about in the thread, I bought two, had a chance to try one out last week.

Now, of the two I bought, one programmed/updated immediately, the other one seemed dead (not even a fan spin) until I connected it to another battery or something then the fan span and I tried again. Not sure if a quality control issue, a random glitch or whatever but they were not consistent.

I updated the programming box, updated the ESC to god-knows-what-think-it's-v3 software, and soldered it in to my DESC210. Now the problem with that model previous 120A ESC was that it worked fine with 4mm LIPO but didn't work at all with 5mm Lipo. It was a turnigy trackstar 120A Gen1 so I don't know if it was a design flaw or just something with my specific ESC but it didn't like over half my batteries. So I swapped it out.

Now I will say right now within 12 mins I had broken my model (hingpin hangar on the rear), but for the time it ran (little boost, default 21/24' turbo settings) it was smooth, fast, and punchy with a good acceleration and noticeably better than my Trackstar 120A Gen1. I haven't the program card for that ESC though so it presumably had no boost or turbo at all set.

However, it's good, I can vouch for it for 15 mins, and I'm glad I made the investment and am hoping for good luck with it in the future.

What's your current experience?