View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead3000 View Post
Cheers Mattr, Yeah it makes sense to me, unfortunatley where the club is based is not really any well known model shops so I was thinking most likely would be cars/ spares bought nationally online.
Doesn't matter, most of the popular cars at a club, you'll be able to build a handful of complete cars simply out of the spares people have in their hauler. I know i've got enough parts for my last 10th (2wd and 4wd) to build another 3 and a half cars of varying specs.
So if you break anything (goddammit, there goes another suspension hanger!) John in the corner has a spare hanger and hinge pins he can sell you for a tenner. Right now.

Quote:
I quite like the idea of getting a relatively new-ish car that I can run for say a few years and invest in opposed to one that is being phased out or will soon become obsolete. I also like the idea that I can add it to my large Vintage Buggy collection when I have moved on to the next range of cars. so something kinda nice
A lot of the front runners will be on this years platform anyway, or at least this years version of the platform. So it shouldn't matter, the last really major ohmygodtherearenosparesforthiscarthati'veonlyhad6m onths was when Durango folded.

Quote:
Also if I get a bit addicted to the racing (likely) I would want a platform that can perform at regional events so something that is not only competitive the local club but possibly nationally.
Anything running at the front locally will almost certainly be able to run at the front nationally (or internationally) the platforms now are *really, really* (really) good compared to what you'd be used to driving from way back.

I'm pretty sure my 2wd can generate more traction in the corners than my old 4wd........ and it's more stable, the suspension works, the diff works. The ESC, well, the electrics will surprise you (get popular electrics as well.)