Thread: FWD/FF Buggy
View Single Post
Old 14-03-2013
Mad Member

Hehe don't worry about it, all advice to possibly make the car go faster is welcome

To clarify what you're pointing out, do you mean looking on it from the side view, the arms should be horizontal, not sloped like they are now? Or do you mean when looking from the top view, the angle of the hinges should be changed? Or... Is my brain failing me and am I way off from what you mean? (It wouldn't be the first time it'd happen to me)

I'd love to make the shocks lay down more. In fact, I'd love to make gullwing arms. I'm not doing that because a symmetrical design is handy though in the prototyping stage - you need two types of arms in the spares box, not four. Laying down the shocks further results in a bit of trouble with the spring retainer at the bottom, they will interfere.

There are multiple solutions to this: using different rear shocks (no DEX210 front ones, but TRF201 front ones - small bore, and more importantly, 10mm shorter). I'd like to keep the same shocks all around though. Another solution is to use an insert piece that holds the shock that mounts the damper what would normally be below the rear arm. The part can be reversed to mount the arm on both sides, whilst also allowing a low mounting. I'll have to think about these options for a bit, they all have their pros and cons