Thread: FWD/FF Buggy
View Single Post
Old 14-03-2013
Mad Member

Thanks, I didn't look at it like that yet! Nice!

The height of the rear suspension hinges is already a bit adjustable on my car - the outer blocks can move freely up and down when spacers are used. The inside can move up to 2mm up. My plan was to try out different angles on the arms by spacing the outer ones further up than the inner one (or the other way around).

I think with a few small mods I can increase the clearance for the inside suspension block to move up by about 12mm - that should allow a lot of adjustment to find out how much of an effect it has on performance Though with 12mm of spacing the blocks might need some braces over the top (connecting to the chassis plate elsewhere) to keep the chassis plate in good condition.

By the way, what I did notice on the first proto is that the stance mattered a lot to the car. Raising the back end really made the car much more responsive and agressive. I'm not sure whether that's down to the anti-squat effect you described or the stance, but the stance as you see it in the SolidWorks model is not likely how it will be in practice (perhaps on high bite carpet, but otherwise certainly not)