View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Skelding View Post
Hi Paul,

Best way to measure is from the top of the head of the screw to the wishbone. It the easiest to measure repeatably.

The droop info for the set-up sheet is being added to the next on-line update which should be out soon. It was an unfortunate ommisson and also occures on the SC and ST which is what brought it to light.

In General
More droop = Better over the bumps and jumps.

Less droop = Faster change in direction.

More front droop = more traction (greater weight transfer to the rear)
Less front droop = more on power (Less weight transfer to the rear)
niiice, some quality info from the TD Team Mgr appreciate it, sir

The car is just freshly built. Its maiden run will be qualifier #1 saturday morning in the first indoor race of the season. We (100 entries) run the wrong (spec) tires on a tight track that is 90% (med-grip carpet) 10% polished floor (school gym) and built just for the day. I run MM4, 10.5 slightly boosted.

Any base (that'll do for now) suggestion(s) where to start from other than "full droop" which is what I read in most places (and which is nonsense given how sensitive other 2wds are to inner spacers...)? we usually run pretty sizeable jumps (see a past layout here, not our best though)

I also speak "chassis rise" (the "sensible" way to measure droop...) as long as you can confirm the ride height

Thanks for any help

Paul