View Single Post
Old 27-05-2015

Default Which GT12?

Well let me tell you a short story, before Christmas I decided to have a go at GT12 having been away from club 1/12 LMP racing for a couple or so years.
The car I selected was the Schumacher SupaStox which I built and was about to race when they released the SSGT, so I sold the SS and bought the SSGT.
I have raced this quite a few times and had some issues with the setup, some with diff drive ring slip and a some split chassis due to my sometimes erratic driving.
Then Schumacher released the lowered pivot pod, this duly added and a significant handling improvement was to be had but I was still unable to fully cure the drive ring slippage, so still some erratic handling.
In the meantime I had become aware of the Zen SSGT Race, liked it's simplicity so bought one, it does have some design flaws too but handles like a dream out of the box.
I have a few racing mates who have built and race the new Mardave, it goes very well once all of the build issues are sorted!
So the choice is yours, all of this is a very personal preference thing, cost, spares availability, ease of use, robustness are factors in the choice, so enjoy whatever your choice is, it is great competitive racing on a reasonable budget!