Thread: Disabled access
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1967 View Post
Hi all,

Thank you for the time to read and reply, I have approached clubs and even offerd to either help pay, or even pay for a ramp, or some kind of lift contraption.

All was ignored the BRCA only affiliate clubs and therefore am unable to step in and help, i am sure one day that i may be able to race again soon, also someone mentioned Ardent i have raced my Mardave there and loved every minute of it so a big thanks goes to John at Ardent racing.

Again thank you all for the replys, PS if Melinda could supply a ramp i would be mor than happy
When you say you have approached clubs, have you actually visited and spoke to the people who run it? You may find that details like e-mail addresses are no longer being used, web sites not updated etc. Most clubs rely upon members with specific skills to help organise such things, and unfortunately members move on for whatever reason, and these things lapse. So to go there is a sure fire way of ensuring they know you would like to race there, and that you would like to find a way of making it possible / wheelchair friendly.

I'm sure if you visit your local club, see what facilities they do or don't have, make sure it's somewhere you actually want to go and race, then propose what would be needed, most clubs, individuals and committee's would see what could be done.

It sounds like you're giving up on a hobby you have previously enjoyed and would like to continue enjoying... I'm sure you could make this happen if you want it to. That's my thoughts and suggestion anyway....