View Single Post
Old 15-09-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to Cardnim

Cheers tony - I actually think I understand the slipper/diff thing, so will give it a try,
The cambers are correct, but I get a heck of a lot of play in my ball joints - in the Cat there are 5 seperate ball joints from the servo to the wheel and all mine are loose.

Re: staggered ribs - just looked at the lovely RC Lazy boys website, and heres what they say about the ribs:
"Schumacher Cut Stagger Tyres – Yellow – Slim – U6759 They are just ace, both on 2wd, and as a 4wd front. Buy them, you’ll love them."

Im unsure what to do - Ive bought some yellow mini-spikes from an oOpler, but maybe i should go for these too? (dont have loads of money though, so need to make my purchases count)

On an American website, guys are talking about running Proline Calibers on astro!?
I already have a full set of them that I use for dirt (awesome when slightly damp) so maybe they would be good on the astro?

Sorry again for all the silly questions, but Im confused with all the choices and everyone advocating one choice over another.

EDIT -- Tony, just saw you are in Dublin - the race Im trying to get prepped for is on Wed 28th and Ian Hunter and Derek McCloskey are coming up to it (I think its Derek anyways!) and some other guys from Dublin. You shoudl come too - its going to be some good tough racing.

Last edited by Cardnim; 15-09-2011 at 08:57 PM. Reason: to invite tony! :)