View Single Post
Old 21-03-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
As much as anything else, anyone who can drive round a track would rather not be in a stock car race, so a separate heat makes sense there.

Marshaling - well yes, the official line is don't crash, but clearly its a bit unfair if some heats have better marshaling so crashing costs less. But then thats kinda the same point as the previous one about getting put in a heat of mobile chicanes.

In the end though, its up to the more 'experienced' members to set the example, cover the marshaling etc. A couple of meetings ago I suggested to Rog we split the top heat drivers to marshal over the bottom 2 heats (heat 1 only had 5 in it, all young lads and didn't need 10 experienced marshals) but almost nobody did as instructed.
I'm more than willing to police this side of things "compliance officer" sounds good to me

So volunteer marshalls for novice heat or fathers and the last heat marshalls the second and so on and so forth so we all get a fair crack of the whip heat 2 only had 3 adult marshalls yesterday let's flip it then and have kids run in the last heat or Marshall the top heat they crash less?? Thought not

As for my kid enjoys marshalling that's all very good but they don't have the reflexes or foresight to keep themselves safe a Durango full speed to the leg would snap a 6 year olds ankle it nearly did mine and I'm not a small build and weigh as much as a small cruise ship

Prevention is better than a cure the kids safety is paramount regardless of wether they enjoy it. Kids like to jump off cliffs into reservoirs in summer do you think it's a good idea to let them do it??

Buds

http://budsballs.co.uk