View Single Post
Old 16-08-2011

Hi boys and girls just wanted to add my own personal thanks to you all for showing up in such great numbers on sunday, and raising £250 which I handed over to Ian Tarrant i.e. the main organiser of the whole event at the end of the day, and he wanted me to say a big big thank you to you all for raising such a great amount of money. He has since let me know, that the whole event raised £10,000 in total for the help for heroes charity , so once again a massive thank you to you all.

I must also say thank you to Steve Brooke for his great comentary throughout the day, he really does keep the general public informed with exactly what we are, what we're about, and what we are doing. Also thanks to the rest of the Eden Park drivers that came down to support our event, it really is appreciated, and shows how closely we work together in the South-East, as a region, when there was over 50 of us displaying our great sport to the public, which is nearly half as many as were taking part at the national event at Southport on the same day, (who needs nationals in our region?)

So yet again, thanks boys and girls, it's so important for the future of our sport that we get out into the public to show them what we do, at such events, because lets face it, it's the knew drivers we need for our future,

Kind Regards,
Alan, proud Chairman of Faversham Off-Road Car Club