View Single Post
Old 28-04-2009
Mad Member

15 drivers raced at the 1st 2WD Regional at Gt Braxted hosted by MERCC on Sunday 26th April.
12 of these competed for the 2009 2WD East of England Regional Championship.
These numbers were very disappointing but those present provided a great days racing and I would like to thank everyone for attending.
The weather was excellent and the perfectly prepared track led to fast and competitive racing.
Drivers from 4 clubs were represented and I would like to thank all of those who attended. Thanks also to MERCC for providing an excellent venue
The A Final was made up of drivers from 4 different clubs. Unfortunately no F3s were present.
Congratulations to David Orbell for a clean sweep in the Finals – he won each of the 3 legs. Jonathan Brown was top qualifier finishing 2nd overall with 3 runner up spots.
Top F5 was James Crockart who finished 5th, Top F4 Carl Dufton who finished 6th.
As already mentioned no F3s attended the meeting.
The other Final winners were B Final - Huw Williams and in the Open Final Grant Williams took first place from Andy Carter.
Grant also won the Marshall-Less race from Andy and Jonathan.
Thanks again and well done everyone for yesterdays meeting.
Please note that the next Regional Meeting is at Ipswich – Coastal Model Car Racing Club, on Sunday 7th June – this being the first round of the 4WD Championship and I look forward to seeing more drivers at this meeting.

Trevor

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!