View Single Post
Old 17-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer View Post
With the high grip astro, that surpriced me a bit, but I guess there isn't a major height difference?
I believe the difference is about 1mm.

How it felt on the track was that the HRC car felt less likely to dump itself over on the outer wheel at high speed on the limit - the EPR raceway corner best illustrated this - with the HRC block, the car would drive into the corner and you could power through but with the LRC block, you had to be more cautious else it would dump the rear end part way through the corner when it tried to break away.
Not on every lap but enough to make you feel a little less committed as you approached it for the next lap.

I believe the LRC blocks will grip harder initially but the HRC block tends to make the car more consistent - possibly with a little less grip overall.

RDG40: As for the weight plates - I believe Rudebits do a 102g plate but Tony would need to confirm - certainly mine came from him but I don't know if he still does it or not? TBH, the great thing about all of Tony's LiPo plates is that they're easy to swap in and out so you can tailor the amount of weight you want without drastically affecting the front/rear balance. 102g might have been overkill - but the 74g would be an awesome starting point (along with TLR4151 on the gearbox)

Whilst on the subject of weight, The Rudebits sidepod weights will be awesome. Another quirk of off-road for me is that whilst the trend for narrow cars continues, sometimes just adding a bit of weight outboard can help an average Joe like me go faster due to increased consistency. These pod weights will put a similar level of weight to the lighter Rude plate further outboard which could very well suit our types of tracks and help to slow the initial reaction of the car when settling over bumps and ruts.