Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2018
Spends too long on oOple ...

I use a small hammer to hit the uj shaft and by hitting it through should all come apart, maybe if that doesnt work a screw driver between the hex and an abrupt hit with a hammer on the screw driver handle.

The manuals are good and easy to follow. Bearing sizes are there but i would avoid the rubber sealed bearings and get the metal cased bearings but avoid the cheapest as the saying goes you only get what you pay for, me i use acer ceramic but race at a high level so might not be for you, plus i use gt85 oil and spray to clean out and a drop of 5 weight or 10 oil, spin before putting back into the car, the gt85 helps retracts dirt whereas wd40 actually does the opposite, possibly due to wd40 being designed for plane engines in world war 2 hence why the name.as it took 40 attempts to get it right.

Chassis, top deck, shock towers front and rear, steering plate, servo plate are all available from fibrelyte, web address in my name tag below, a Parma Tomcat body shell is available from Kamtec, also web site in my name tag below. You will need to find a zxr undertray on ebay and wing.

Gear diffs if you have acthick grease that doesnt get thinner when it gets hot would be preferable, ball diffs i use tungsten thrust race using associated black grease and ceramic diff balls using associated clear grease. When built it should be smooth but firm so once run in will need adjusting so no slip.

Shocks you can buy traxxas trx 1 teflon coated shocks which are plenty on ebay, look on the trx1 manual to get the part numbers under option parts as they are what i use. However someone does make replica option house shocks, but have forgotten who. Otherwise you can fit big bore shocks but will need big bore shock tower mounts as well.

Ask any questions and we will try and answer.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS

Last edited by Welshy40; 19-03-2018 at 09:35 PM.