View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddybux View Post
Well I'll let you know after Sunday! I'm running the 0 degree blocks with XXX Anti-Squat shims under the front screws between the chassis and the blocks. The blocks are visibly angled backwards now (higher at the front).

I had to take a lot of material off the blocks though because they were fouling on my outdrive savers.

I've kept the 2 degree ones to one side and will whip them back on in the event of unpredictability...but at least on the bench the 0 degree flipped ones feel lovely and means I have a greater range of useful movement in the shock, i.e. they're threaded into the middle of the shock now whereas before they were almost fully tightened down.
Well I said I'd come back on comment on the car with 0 degree blocks and anti-squat shims under the front screws to bring it back to 2 degrees of anti squat.

It was freaking awesome! Never have I felt the X-5 so planted and predicable to drive fast. This was on an indoor circuit at the Southport GP. Two carpet types, jumps, bumps / ripples and slippery tarp. I'm certainly sticking with this mod.