View Single Post
Old 24-01-2018
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJC View Post
Thanks Mark, when stationary I can hear nothing from the clutch updownupdownupdown, when reversing nothing, all normal, car backs down the road same as always.

Into first, depress clutch no noise, lift clutch and noticeable thump and feel it on the pedal then clunky grind as I drive forward that seem to feel everywhere.

I expect it's gears but keep seeing that ford focus never have gearbox problems, flywheel seem to be a suspect but why not reverse, had just the clutch changed 5 years ago. If as I expect clutch/flywheel/gearbox more than the car's worth, 12years old, couple of dents & scratches, brake disc's need doing, occasional pats problem etc.

And thanks for your input @cjm_2008 I know what you mean.
other issue we have is drive shafts (especially the intermediate shaft bearing on off side), but that would continue on clutch press. had a few clutches fail, but again both ways
if it goes when you press clutch, that could still be flywheel/clutch, as when you press the clutch you load the dual mass flywheel (pressing it together with clutch bearing)

the thing is if i drove it i could probably say what it is straight away. have you tried recording it? can it be detected sound wise?

we have very few issues with the mtx gear box