View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016

Default Rallycross RX at Mendip

Time for a bit of a edit on my original post now that we actually have peeps with cars that want to race .... and still growing interest in the class !!!

So, some general guidelines for the class to get us up and running ... and this is only guidelines mind !!

We want to follow full sized Rallycross RX as close as much as possible as it really is a great class .. ie. big power, low grip, short multi surface tracks and lots of proper racing !!!

So the race format will be four qualifying rounds of 6 lap races, using the round by round system, with 3 rounds to count and 1 drop score. This will give points in each round that count towards the main finals.

All starts, will be mass starts, (yay old school !!) comprising 2 rows of 3 cars, and these will be switched each qualifier ...

Finals ... not worked that out yet but most likely a slightly longer race than qualifying, so maybe 8 laps .. and depends on the track ..

.. and we'll also have the "joker" lap ...

Car specs -

Shaft drive rallycross style buggies converted to run on mostly tarmac tracks .. no belt drives .. 4wd recommended !!

Cars must run rally or rallycross style bodies .. or generic types like the Hyper GT rally or Protoform rally bodies ..

Max 3 cell lipos ... there was some questions about whether we have to run hardcase lipos but the word from the BRCA is that soft case lipos are OK, we would recommend some extra layers of heatshrink on these for some extra protection ..

Motors - sensored or sensorless , max 2400kv .. these are bonkers fast so not sure why anyone would want anything faster !

Tyres - after some research, our ideal spec tyre, is the GRP Revo cut slick rally tyre in S4 compound. These look realistic and give good grip when they get up to temperature but are still slideable ... and are said to last a whole season !!!!!

If you only have kit tyres .. its not a problem .. run what you have for the time being ..
Hopefully our local model shop RC Octane will be able to stock tyres for us in the near future ..

Think that's it ... please post or message me if you need any info or have ideas ..

Below are the club race dates that we'll be running Rallycross on during the summer -

15th May

19th June

3rd July

17th July

21st August

4th September

Some of you might have seen me playing around with this on the onroad track over the last couple of months ...

and at the weekend of the 4wd regionals there was a LOT of interest in the car.... and several guys talking of buying cars and running some Rallycross RX style meetings using a shortened version of the the onroad track.

So I thought I'd share some links for cars, tyres motors etc .. and see if we can get this off the ground !!

Last edited by mrspeedy; 23-08-2016 at 02:47 PM.