View Single Post
Old 27-02-2012

The clues in the name.....

Make this clear, nobody here is knocking drop-inn as a venue, i love racing there the atmosphere is great to relax and race in, and the clubs own website even calls itself 'We aim to be a friendly mid week club run mostly for the craic, but still good practice for those who take their weekend racing much more seriously!!'

However the unfortunate fact is the track/rostrum does not meet BRCA standards so it cannot host a regional round and as far as i know the guys at drop inn are aware of this and happy enough to hold the trophy day - at least they havent been completely excluded.

There has been alot gone on behind the scenes to get this series off the ground over the last few months and i can assure the decession not to hold a round at drop was not taken lightly (the BRCA 1/10th off road section chairman was consulted) but unfortunately thats the rules.

The way this discussion has arose has done no good for the sport or the this fledgling series. Now lets draw a line under this whats done is done, c'mon enough talking lets just get on with the racing