Thread: oOple Trackday?
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2016
#1 ZX5 fan

So a couple of years after Jimmy started this thread.

Jimmy never had the chance to build his Eunos into the track day warrior he wanted it to be. Jimmys car ultimaly became Jim Dixons car who spent time, effort and energies using the parts Jimmy had assembled as well as some he sourced himself to build what you see below. I may be biased but it's a little gem....

Jim spent some time on track but luckily for me decided it was time to find some pastures new so a friend of mine and myself are now the proud owners.

Spec is a mk1 MX5 1.6 Eunos, Jap spec 115bhp engine. Tubular manifold, Meister R suspension, stripped interior, rear TL roll cage, race battery, respray, as well as a couple of other mods. I added the wheels which were a Gumtree bargain with almost new Toyo T1R's on them. Immediate plans include junking the AC system, uprating the front ARB, lowering a shade more and improving the cooling system a bit to further bullet proof it for track days.

As you can see from this picture it's taken some hammer already ;-)

That was a solid days tracktime at Blyton Park last weekend. It was such good fun we're booked in for another on the 8th June and if anyone else fancies it, it would be good to see you!

Nortech is ACE!