View Single Post
Old 26-08-2008

Cheers, I think I'll probably skip brushed given that brushless isn't too pricey, I reckon I might go for a cheap-ish kit, £100 for motor and controller combo, use it in the D4 for a while, then I can put it into the other car I bought (Cyclone S RTR) if things start to take off.

As for transmitters, I'm hoping to go into a model shop and fondle a few, when it comes to something you're actually going to hold, hands-on touchy-feely stuff is a good idea. I'll keep an eye out for the Sanwa gemini, I'd like the 2.4Ghz stuff but a tad expensive at the moment, especially considering how cheap 2.4GHz radio electronics are, e.g. baby monitors, weather stations, doorbells etc.

I'd hope that lipo cells are accepted for national events, however I'm not likely to be entering any national events given that I do enough travelling as it is with work and my real car events, I could do without travelling for the model cars as well! I'll check with local club rules before I get to the stage of choosing the electrics.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/