View Single Post
Old 23-10-2011

First Test:

Started off with the setup i was VERY happy with from MicroX on the std chassis, albeit with a little less weight. 792g to be exact, 44/56 front/rear balance, 5g lighter on the right.

From the off the car was noticeably different, a little loose mid corner, but less twitchy and far easier to drive.

for the next run i swapped out the 3deg alloy rear block i was running and went to the the stock plastic block, much better.

The car felt much more compliant than before, less nervous and easier to drive, yet with no loss of steering.

the crazy front end grip was gone and i was comfortably running on the stock (outer) ackerman hole, which was far too crazy for me on the std car.

Rick (dombrasky) and Kev Taylor, who both have the GT14B, both ran it back to back with their chassis and gave the same feedback, smooth and easy to drive, lots of rear end grip and far less twitchy than before.

Mr Speedy also had a go and seemed to enjoy it!

all in all a massive success and i'm not changing back!

It's still a tad light, so Mr Speedy is making some copper center weights and a copper battery strap for me, to see how this effects the car, more on this as i get it.

PHULL PHAT - Phat Bodies