Thread: GT12 Help..
View Single Post
Old 28-11-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
Rondoola

You started with this

"i love gt12 racing as its all about the setup and driving without making a mistake that could cost you the race"

Then slate control tyres? Control tyres is the best way this class can move forwards, with everybody on he same tyres your fist sentence is even more accurate.

Now assuming you bought the best tyres to use which are contact T or jft S then I fail to see how your saving 1 pound a pair. (Retail prices below)

Contact T foam 8.50 rears 8.50 fronts 17.00

Jft s foam s foam 7.99 front 7.99 15.98

Contact control tyres 4.99 rear 4.99 front 9.98

By my maths that a minimum of 2.50 a pair or 5.00 a set and considering the contacts have a longer life and reduce grip, there is more emphasis on set up and driver. And less on the latest Speedo motor and body.

Maybe as Benji has suggested you were not enjoying gt12 as you thought and its time to move on. If you have bought the T or S foams then you can still use them at the spring nationals

i was only slating them because i had purchased around 40 brand new boxes of schumacher foams ready for the 2017-2018 season ( at full price as i'm not lucky enought to be sponsered and get them cheap ) and now i cant use them because there not a control tyre, also, i was enjoying it a lot ( otherwise i wouldnt have spent all the money on the class that i have ) until i was told i couldnt use the foams i'd spent over £220 pounds on

i'm not the only one that has probably stocked up on tyres ( all schumacher so their not losing out ) and i wish there was an open class to let people use up their old what were legal to use tyres...