View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proshop View Post
From what i have read in the above post we all need to support our local models shops as what has happened to MIM will happen again. I can't see any problem with buying from Germany,France distributers etc... alot of people buy parts direct from USA this is not supporting your local model shop. By saying it's no good to buy from Germany is not going to give your shop confidence in buying large amounts of stock. the more you buy from your shop the less cheaper crap they will buy, and invest more money into top racing products! So it's up to us all to support shops otherwise your all be paying a lot more in the long run.

i disagree i buy where is cheapest and simple as that i dont have money to burn at the end of the day its the big companys that are killing this hobby take proline etc 40 quid for a set of buggy wheels and tires that will last 20 minutes final at a track like herts yes thats 2 pounds a minute an they may as well be binned truggy make that 60 quid
os speed engines 350 quid plus hotbodies servos 140 quid futaba brushless 130 quid pt 100 quid futaba 4pk 420 quid the list is endless if the big companys make there prices more realistic then people would by local and not have to buy that v spec or futaba 4pk from hk

i blame the rc companys ripping our eyes out and its killing the hobby and shops