View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I just don't agree with the RC being a rip off comments. I run on a very very tight budget, 90% of my stuff is second hand. But if you look at what we the customer demand from a competative car these days the very best grade materials, the best workmanship and finish of parts, the instruction book has to be top notch all this from a small company normally and all for under £500 remembering that in the big picture of life the number of units they will sell is small compaired to say a mass produced TV for... Hmmm £800+ or a PC or laptop at £300+ or a good camera£££. the number of people I hear moan about prices...then look at what they are wearing to go racing in 80quid trainers, £50+jeans etc. RC in the uk is a tiny market place tbh I am amazed people make a living at shop level
BUT that said I still stand by a point I make. with NO uk importer with stock, it will make using your local shop hard, as if your budget is tight and you can't have boxes of new parts to hand you will have to be ordering parts monday afternoon at the latest to stand any chance of getting them! by the weekend and then if half the stuff turns up or the wrong stuff, well your weekend is screwed! I'm sorry but parts in france is just no good to support your LHS,parts from germany will be no better.

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117