View Single Post
Old 30-03-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
I suggested this years ago and I will do again to all the drivers here and if all like, agree and fancy the idea then why not have it suggested at the BRCA AGM at the end of year.... although I feel it needs backing by many drivers and not just one person throwing an idea around....hope all can follow the following.

We all (or the majority that are not F1 drivers) do regionals in our areas.
The drivers that qualify for the F2/3/4/5 do a end of year event - all great and normal so far and everyone drives for themselves and the best they can do - again all good so far.

All as above but add this as well.....
At the end of year in addition to the F2/3/4/5 finals, also have ....lets say an Inter-Regional Finals Event for the regions to fight for a title of ....lets say Best UK Region !!!
I feel this will achive lots of things...
It will blend friendship and union between better class drivers and beginners which I don't see often enough.....the top drivers will be supporting their regional beginners to do better for that event to hopefully beat the other regions....better for the beginners that will learn from them, appreciate the better drivers input and hopefully make them better drivers etc etc .....
Also the regions N-S-W-E will have a great get together at the end of season not driving just for themselves but for a cause.....their region....
The rules can be so simple.....you score points for your region etc etc

I say that we need input from drivers....make sponsored drivers attend and help like they used to at the Juniors etc etc - sorry them may still do this as they should.....
Get the main sponsors involved and get top drivers there as a commitment for the input etc etc

Just an idea that I personally think would not only work but could actually work very well .....could be indoors or outdoors - either would work but with input of the main sponsors, clubs, BRCA, regional reps and of course if the drivers fancy such an event......

Even if drivers or people say this is rubbish, I think a fresh idea is always good and if it sparks off another or better idea then all great I say.....

Regards to all, Tony Evdoka (yes! the blast from the past)
I stand to be corrected but I thought the indoor finals, and F3/4/5's or F2/3/4/5's were already a competition between regions? I think the top 2 from each grade or top2 overall from each region count to the regions scores?? It'd probably need more counting to get a real "regional gang" feel, but unfortunately some regions have sod all entries so then wouldn't stand a chance.

Unless I dreamed all this....