View Single Post
Old 13-11-2018

Hi Guys

I started out with a Tamiya brat in the mid 80s, quickly converted to a frog with no diff (bashing duties), I then bought a hornet from beatties in Nottingham, that car was awesome on our local bmx track. I then found out about racing from a school mate who went to a local in swanwick in Derbyshire, so I got my dad to take me down to see what the crack was. I quickly went out and bought a second hand boomerang and went racing. the buzz was amazing. unfortunately I got banned from the club about 4 weeks later because the club chairman had an argument with my dad, thought my dad swore at him. LOL. so we went and joined Mansfield club in march 1987 on only it's second meeting. Wow how well was that run. Any way, I them purchased a mardave meteor with all of the option parts(less than £100) and ran that for while before getting a PB Maxima, that I ran for about a year before I got a Schumacher cat xls second hand, that's where my love affair for all thing schuey spanned from.
this got replaced by a procat, god what a good car that was. Decided after about 18months to go 2wd. So my dad got me a cougar 2 team car. What a learning curve that was coming from 4wd to 2wd(never looked back). After that I bought, after that I got a black chassied stealth rc10(which I still have) that brought me on leaps and bounds, awesome car(looking a bit sorry for it's self at the mo).
In about 95 I got fed up with constantly buying new motors and batteries and decided to go IC racing at Tibshelf, so I bought a second serpent impact and away we went, after 5 years or so racing I decided to give up and give away all of my atuff(big mistake). That's when kids arrived.
10 years later my son found my rc 10 and asked if we could get it running, I said NO because of the lack of spares, but I will buy you your own car. So I got him an LRP blast from PBM and took him to broxstowe club to have a watch. He then decided he wanted to race. We went racing and I got itchy thumbs so bought one also. I set a budget for the year(which disappeared within 6 weeks) because I went back to 2wd with a schuey sv. Then I seen a TM 2, what a car that was, so I bought 2, 1 for me and my son (Christmas present) still have both. ran them for 3 years. Then I decided to buy a schuey KF, great car totally different to drive. converted it to a kf2 and ran it once before giving to my son to use, I had bought a KC , what a difference this car was. And now I have a K2, KC, B6, K1, 2 TM2's, MY original Stealth rc10, my 80s boomerang.
But yes the biggest surprise to me when I came back was brushless and lipo, what was this wizardry? Low maintenance etc and loads of power and duration. But I personally think the biggest change is 2.4ghz radio technology, no more interference as in the old days.
My local clubs are Mansfield, broxstowe, west bridgeford, BRM, robin hood, A1.
I don't race enough at the moment because of work, but hopfully will get back on it. Love it