Thread: FWD/FF Buggy
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikNor View Post
Very nice work indeed. Ive been thinking about this myself but came to the conclusion that it would be very hard if not imposible to get the grip needed to clear big jumps with a short runup. No Im not so shure. Cant waith for some action pics
I guess I'll find out soon enough if it's true than it's difficult to clear jumps with a short run up: The track of my club has that I have to say they aren't huge jumps, but the run up is next to zero!

Anyway, I got some nice updates! I collected the parts from the post office this morning... I've currently got an assembled car in front of me with working suspension! I'll take some good pictures tomorrow when it's light again, for now I'll share some pictures from the build:

The Printed parts and the carbon goodies. Note: On the right are some printed plate parts. Once the first one or two test drives have been done I can get these made from carbon (hence, if any adjustments are needed, they can be done now without wasting money on another new carbon part and throwing the old one away).

Notice the right driveshaft isn't in it's outdrive? The diff nut and spring are slightly in the way, despite all the CAD work! I can only hope the guy who I bought this 201 from has built the diff wrong (which I have to admit is quite easy, the manual isn't clear about it that you need to flip the diff around at some stage in the diff build).

There are a dozen revisions I made on the parts, from small dremeling to potential geometry changes, but overall it looks pretty good: I even have more clearance between all the different links on the front than I expected!