View Single Post
Old 25-06-2013

Default DESC210 - New Build Gear Diff MM4 no drive Slipping

Built my DESC210 last week with the kit ball diff and ran the car for a couple of heats adjusting the slipper to suit. Running with a speed passion 8.5, after a couple of runs, I lost drive and no amount of slipper adjustment would work, decided to rebuild the ball diff carefully as per the durango guide, but with no success.

Decided to buy a Gear diff and built as per durango guide and installed today in Mid Motor 4 Gear, carefully checking that all the gears and layshaft where installed correctly and that nothing was missed. The diff when installed in the gearbox turns perfectly free by hand, when installed in the car, I get very little to no drive, sounds as though the slipper is very loose, even when tightened up the slipper still bad slips and there is next to no drive. I have been careful to check that the slipper pads/plates are installed correctly and that the slipper screw and spring with washers are installed correctly and in good condition, but nothing appears to be working. The kit is brand new and has only been run for a couple of heats.

Is there anything obvious that I may have missed, I have had the gearbox and slipper assembly stripped out twice with no success, haven't tried any other motor config as I really want to run MM4.