View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017

Thanks for the comments so far guys - Pete, it was your comment about the Brown Dot on the recent Mardave Meteor thread which prompted me to put this post together. I have been looking out for other examples for my collection for a while now, without much luck. All i have mustered so far is an additional white label Red Dot to go with the two I already had. The Orange Dot is the one I have firmly in my sights at the minute. I know of a couple (one unfortunately stripped), but not managed to grab one yet.

I never actually went to see Mick personally - i just started sending him some photocopies of the RRC Series articles with me in the A Final tables and writing him letters asking for sponsorship as I was using his motors anyway. Eventually after sending a few I got a reply with a motor included telling me to 'try that' and boy was it fast! Then I just periodically got more sent through, sometimes in pairs, which are the motors pictured above. I never really considered who was making them or the different names on the end bells/cans back then, I just raced them, but looking at them in detail now I can see how much they varied from year to year.

I do know MG also managed to bag some examples of the Race Prep ceramic armatures and built up a few MG Magnums using these. I have seen one example of such a motor, and I also have a ceramic shaft armature myself.

So does anybody else have any examples to post up?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Race Prep Ceramic2a.jpg (72.7 KB, 10 views)