View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
I don't think small-scale cars have a sustainable future
You don't have to think about it, it has already been proven that they have. The Mini-T, Anderson series, RC18 series, etc. have been on the market for years and years and there are still new models being released today (Losi Desert buggy, Vendetta SC, RC18B2, etc.) and the same old platforms updated.

You seem to base your idea around the fact that bigger is better. Not everyone thinks that way. People especially in the UK cannot run a 1/10th scale car or buggy in their house. Most people don't have a back garden big enough to run one either. They also wouldn't know a proper track existed near their house if it hit them in the face. The market potential for a smaller scale is infinitely higher than larger cars. You and me can speculate but unless we know the real numbers it's nonsense talk.

Yes there are crappy 1/18 buggies around (and even more crappy 1/10th buggies!) that should not be used for racing but anyone stating there are no reliable 1/18 cars obviously have never owned a LRP Shark FT. It's a many times tougher than any 1/10th scale buggy I have ever owned (and I have owned a few), much cheaper to run, much cheaper to fix, just as fast if not faster with the right motor and no less fun to drive. The only issue so far has been that until recently they have been marketed to the wrong audience.