View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter24 View Post
Minimum count of 50 or 100 post......!!!

Maybe using your BRCA number when registering........???

What about paying a £10 subscription fee for the year which has to be paid via a debit or credit card so you have the details of the payment from that person.........???

Some great suggestions here, some thoughts if I may. Not aimed at Dexter24 but in general.

Data protection is a concern if you start collecting names/addresses etc to try and validate peoples "status". You would need to look into this, apologies if this is under control.

Using credit card as a validation is possible but the drawback there would be if you wanted to track someone by the credit card, you would be relying on the credit card company to share that information and it is unlikely they would.

I think the BRCA suggestion might work really well if oOple could work together with BRCA so they would share the contact details from the BRCA number. BRCA already hold this data so it is just assessing if they can share with you when required and if it does not break their data protection rules.

A minimum post count is probably the most practical way to control "For Sale" ads and is done on most of the forums I am on. A few others use a "members fee" to control as well but these are more of a minority as it does stop a lot of legitimate people from posting.

A post count limit of 50 or so will stop the casual spammer and encourage people to become an active part of the community. You could also make the activation of placing for sale ads a manual process so a check can be made that the posts are not nonsense just to hit the post target. Another possibility is to limit posts to 5 per day for the first 50.