View Single Post
Old 13-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'caster master View Post
In conclusion I suggest:
Any pre 2000 1:10th scale electric chassis, monster trucks, buggies, 2wd and 4wd etc (with room for flexibility on the day)
Open batteries but no higher than 7.4v (2s lipo)
Open esc
Brushless motors from 10.5t or above or any brushed motor
Open tyres
Open radio gear
While this make not make the racing as "fair" as possible, I think rules along these lines would be the most fun, cheapest for the racer, and lead to a higher number of people racing in the class, which is the most important thing.
Thanks, Jon.
I agree - it is a fun class, and making it accessible and open to the widest number of racers should be the most important thing, as well as flexibility on the night. As I noted above, I think we only need to introduce a motor limit if we find we get problems... (Have to say I'm not terribly keen on having to buy a 17.5 and ESC combo if I don't have to right now... Tho will probably get them down the line )

Hadn't thought about other pre-2000 classes, but I wouldn't have a problem racing my RC10 against 4wd's (back in the day 2wds were all in with 4wd anyway...), and might be interesting to have some monster trucks in there too! Richards e-firestorm went really well around the track last week, and didn't cause any problems space-wise, so should be fine (there's gotta be loads of lunchboxes out there, but a Clod-buster on the track might prove interesting!).
I guess it could be open to 1/12 vintage off-road too (e.g. Lunchbox).

I've got the tyres now; just hoping the RC10 wheels to fit them turn up tomorrow...

Let's chat more tomorrow eve when there is a free 5 mins!

Matt, have you thought about a basic web site to put all this kind of info on?
FB page is great for announcements, but not too good for static info...

South West Indoor RC: http://Team-SWIRC.org.uk
Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165264