View Single Post
Old 24-12-2017
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
As per my reply on Poll...

"As a general rule I make initial contact on here then request extra pictures via whatsapp anyway. Selling a chassis recently I did a video to show each outdrive, details of any damage etc.

I do like to see pictures but the whole 400kb size thing is annoying...take pictures on phone, email to Mac, re-size, then clunky upload.

Is there not a way to allow forum to just accept bigger files? Then auto delete all adverts and associated files after 6 weeks?"

Also agree re not removing adverts, gives a better idea of what things are worth, especially for newbies looking to get second hand start up equipment.

In that one post you've just answered your own question. The files are small to keep the forum at a good pace and to keep the content active.

You want to keep threads for future proof of costs etc, yet want to delete them after 6 weeks to make it slightly easier.. it cant work both ways.

I use Imgur now that photobucket inst usable without a subscription. You can upload them via your phone and then copy the links over.

The whole process for a good for sale ad takes about 5 minutes. For the return you get - especially when paying no fees - is a bloody bargain.