Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignick View Post
Hi,

I've not posted on here for a while (ok, far too long) but the excuse is that I've been sorting out my wedding in the summer.

My ZX-R is nearing completion and whilst its not as 'nice' as some in this forum I think I've done an OK job.

The ZX-R has been fully rebuilt.

I replaced all the bearings with the blue ones from ebay, tough racing belts, new screw kit, blue steering, new schumacher tyres and inserts. The shocks have been rebuilt with all original part and new oil 30wt in the rear and 40wt in the front.

Oh, I also stole the idea of velcro on the top deck, thought it looked good.

I have not quite finished as I have a Modelsport UK Sniper RV-12 brushed ESC at home waiting for me (I'm working away from home) as the original hitec sp520 has seen better days (on a test run in the garden it was sparking and the car wasn't particularly quick, not a good sign, i guess?) therefore a new one was needed.

I also have a Kamtec Parma Tomcat shell to paint and fit. So it should be up and running in the next couple of weeks.

Should be good.
Ace. What wind motor? Also is the rear tower alloy, if yes then i would advise replacing with carbon fibre fom fibre lyte.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS