View Single Post
Old 23-01-2019
Mad Member

I just tried one on carpet last weekend and was very impressed.

• Very smooth shock absorbers with the FT Low friction o-rings which are standard with the kit. I did not use the moulded spacers I went with the machined ones.
  • Very easy to drive
  • All toe in/out and anti-squat options are part of the kit for the rear
  • Loads of options in the kit for the front end setup
  • Allows the angle of the rear wing to be changed as part of the kit
  • The two mounts for the wings are joined together by the angle adjuster which should stop some damage to the rear wing in a crash
  • Ball ends nice and smooth without any slop and did not need any squeezing
  • Plenty of room for the electrics
  • Very quiet compared to my Schumacher KC which maybe accounted for more % left in my LCG lipos at the end of a run
  • Really like the way that the battery is held in nice and secure and is fully adjustable for different height batteries
  • Body is very light weight
  • Areas in the chassis that have been milled to allow the use of different fixed weights to alter weight distribution
  • Bearings with metal shield one side and rubber on the other. I usually replace my bearings with this type (usually get an Avid replacement set) as they have much less friction than double rubber shielded bearings
  • Different offset spring cups for adjustability
  • Spring cups with plenty of plastic that goes into the spring so it is always in the right place

Dislikes
  • Plastic casing on rear diff buckles when you tighten down the screws and then allows oil to leak out due to a bad seal. Aluminium casing recommended
  • The two screws that disappear into the front bulkhead from the top just behind the shock tower. If the hex strips then they are very hard to remove (had to do this on a club members B6 when helping them out). Decent hex driver which is kept in good condition recommended
  • Did feel that the car was very short for high grip carpet so went with B64 Hard rear arms
  • The fact that you cannot get a J Concepts lower front wing or the expensive Proline lower front wing as there is no stock anywhere and CML states the proline is not due till March! Good job I have a 3d printer
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!