Thread: Indoor Series?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010

I'm putting some finishing touches to the club application form for next years championship.

Essentially, I want to ensure that all the clubs who would like to run a round, are all working to the same goal and so I've taken the standard stuff from the BRCA regs and fine-tuned it to a more relaxed rule-set for the SORC series.

Means that we should be able to get an application pack to every club, and they can get them back to me before the end of the year. Then when the BRCA list is published, we can arrange a calendar for 2011, without clashes.

I still think it's a good idea to have 2WD and 4WD on different days, but I don't think there are enough drivers yet to sustain that. So next year, it'll still be 6 or maybe 8 events, both classes on the same day and I'll be pricing the events to encourage people to run both 2WD & 4WD.

I don't plan to introduce extra classes or scales in 2011, as the objective is to encourage more people to drive 10th scale off road, not dilute it. I don't see that having 6 classes of heats at one event makes for better racing - it actually takes away from it.

10th Off-road cars are pretty cheap to buy and run, and it's best to stick with that for now, until such times there are too many people wanting to run the same class. Then of course, there's the support there behind new classes.