Thread: Indoor Series?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010

Sorry guys, reading back through my last post and it might sound too negative.

I love the idea of racing through the winter, and if you can get it to achieve the same numbers or better than the Summer Series, that'll be great, but my point wasn't to put down the idea of a Winter Series, per se, just to protect the great Summer Series we have now.

We didn't have a Winter series all those years ago. I'm not aware of any motorsport that has a fully competitive Summer and Winter series? There must be one or two, but most take the time off to have a break and keep things fresh and exciting.

I'd presume that the main reason if there are any motorsport series that do run a fully competitive Summer and Winter series, do so because they are oversubscribed.

We're not in that position ourselves and it would be prudent to examine that and make sure we don't provide more events, than we have competitors for!

If we keep things focused on next years Summer Season, that will build up excitement, it'll encourage people to buy a car now and practice over the Winter at their clubs and then they are hungry and ready to run competitively in April 2011. Plus all the regular "hounds" will be champing at the bit to rip the grass up!

Hope that clears up my previous negativity!
I'm already counting down the days till April 2011 already!!!!