View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Skull View Post
"For me the biggest problem here is not the extra £20 for an "approved" LiPo pack but the behaviour of "yes men" like Mark Christopher and Neil Skull, trying to bully and intimidate people into towing the party line and signing up to what amounts to a price cartel. Looking back through history, all corrupt systems of government have relied on people like these two to basically go out into the general population and put the boot in to anyone who disagrees with the party line. Hitler had the Gestapo, Stalin had the KGB, and we get Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee."

I have to laugh at this, I don't know whats more offensive being called a yes man, likened to communism or likened to Mark Christopher

The reason I have an opinion on this is i do follow the rules, We are in the business of selling Lipos, we pay import duty and all the other cost's for importing dangerous goods into the UK. When people get goods smuggled into the country and don't pay what they should by law it does annoy me. Its not fair and it affects my business. The BRCA advocate the correct and Legal selling of goods into the UK. For Insurance purposes alone the cost of the paper trail is big. You buy from HK you don't have the peace of mind and you are robbing this country of taxes due by law! Shame on you who live the life of criminals ! i also expect you buy cheap DVD from the Chinese man from the pub! and don't understand how that affects people like Blockbuster!!! all you are doing is taken money from UK People and giving to Charlie Chan!!!!
Who said anything about communism? I likened you to totalitarianism which is completely different, and furthermore you have shown yourself to be a totalitarian by threatening to shop people to the "authority's". Maybe you should read George Orwell's "Nineteen-Eighty-Four".

It's a very revealing thing to treat your fellow human being in this way and i'm afraid it does indeed make you a yes man, because you've shown you're willing to drop someone in it in order to be a small cog in a big (corrupt) machine.

Plus the fact, if it makes you that angry and if you really have that much of a desire to go out and bring to justice someone who has "robbed this country of taxes" I can think of 600 scumbags in Westminster who between them have defrauded you and I of more money than a few blokes going racing on a Sunday ever will. You're legally entitled to go straight down there and make a citizen's arrest.

TBH I can (up to a point) see what you're saying about not being able to compete with Hong Kong on price but I can't help thinking some of it is greed on the part of the UK importers, I mean how can what is effectively the same thing be 3 times the price? It's ridiculous. You're getting all offended now people are finding ways round it but before globalisation came along you and many others were happy to rip us off year in and year out!

As others have said I spend a lot of money in UK model shops. Many of them are 1st class and run by nice people but the shops are as much victims as we are because there are items like motors, batteries and ESCs where, compared to buying Hobbyking stuff from the UK warehouse, the markup makes buying it just plain unrealistic. If the UK importers and retailers set retail prices at sensible levels there would be more people willing to try the sport in the 1st place, grids would be full at the tracks on Sundays and the industry would make more money.

Last edited by HOTSHOT III; 04-11-2014 at 10:51 PM.