View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010

Again - I keep my fingers crossed that you guys get your worlds event at some point. But I'm willing to be serious money it won't happen for at least 5yrs

Regarding xray - I don't want to sound like a xray buff as I ain't one and I absolutely HATE their marketing machine, and to be completely honest up until a few weeks ago I was racing a HotBodies Cyclone instead of a T3. However, you are missing my point completely. These guys have started from NOWHERE 10 years ago (if you forget Hudy had been subcontracting for Serpent for decades) and then completely penetrated the following segments:
1- 10th DTM EP - they somehow have never managed to take a pan-regional or even worlds title, but boy they've made some pretty impressive showing including lots of a-mains at euros and worlds
2- 8th offroad buggy - again, they started like 5 years ago from NOTHING - and they have won a Euro title (iirc)
3- 10th DTM IC - nada 3 years ago. the NT1 is current Eurochamp I believe
4- small scale - no need to develop this one
5- 8th offroad truggy - not too familiar with this one. I think there's an 809T in the works, not sure though

If there's a company that's willing to invest as many segment as they can to fuel their growth, Xray is it. There's nothing that "they do best" because, well, they do quite a lot, and quite well. But every time they see a market opportunity, they jump into the gap and make some money out of it by securing some market share and then relentlessly releasing a new version of their product every 9 to 12 months (which is actually pretty annoying tbh...). If these guys do this on all their product line but one segment (small scale) this is a strong signal. But this was just an example, not a full justification, so please don't make me say what I didn't say.

All in all - I hope you guys get your class recognized

Paul