View Single Post
Old 16-08-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post

With Trucks not taking off dramitcally at present compared to the USA, perhaps this is a way of making use of the chassis, a new 2012 Rally Cross?
Sorry Neil, but tbh that is a very naive comment,

I've been racing SCT's for pretty much 3 years and the class is popular at all the clubs i race at, plus we have 2 heats at our BRCA 1/10th Regional series, so the suggestion that it's a class that isn't taking off is a silly one...

the main issue with SCT racing in UK is the attitude to them by some clubs and meeting organisers and also the misconception that we race the trucks in a demolition derby style full contact smashing into each other... i find SCT racing is cleaner than buggy racing!

With new trucks and products coming all the time it is here to stay i'm afraid an will only grow i hope... there is another big manufacturer getting in on it and maybe that will add to the UK following

As for the bodyshell... cool, i'm a massive rallying fan and if this adds another option to SCT racing or a side class then good stuff... doubt it will make a difference tbh but i like the concept