View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLINDERSMAN View Post
my set up as follows for telford /coventry /kiddy
FRONT SET UP
Schmacher slim mini spikes greens. grip roll worse with yellows so went to greens
oil associated 42.5 / yellow spring./ 2x1.6 piston
anti roll bar fitted
REAR SET UP
Schmacher yellow mini spikes(outer row cut off)
Oil associated 32.5/black spring /3.x1.6 piston
anti rol bar fittedl
Your springs are crazy hard, i would go back to kit springs, dark blue front light blue rear, you could try 1.7x2 rear pistons.

i normally run 1.7x2 front 45-50wt, dark blue, 1.6x3 30-32.5wt light blue rear.
10k diffs
long wheelbase
front shocks out on the arms
rear shocks either middle or out on the arms
shocks 3rd hole out on the tower front and rear
i have been running the slim front tyres as well, but yellow mini spikes, but i usually run indoors.

i have tried 1.6x2 front and 1.7x2 rear but usually go back to the above.

Heavy anti roll bars will take the grip away but can also make the car "pointy" maybe a 1.3 front bar to let the suspension work more could help, it will give you more grip but feel easier to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A View Post
Hi,

On high grip astro on my DEX410v4 i would generally run on the front a 4wd yellow spike tyre and i would remove the outer 2 rows of spikes and also 1 inner row.

If it was still a bit edgy i would also wipe super glue on the outer side wall tyre.

I have tried running narrow tyres on the front of my 4wd but i prefer the full width front 4wd tyre.
Have you run the slim tyres back to back with the standard fatter ones on high grip? What do you find?

Also does gluing the sidewall make the car easier to drive? I thought it would have make it all stiffer and more "pointy" but i have never tried it!