View Single Post
Old 17-02-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
While I do not have any experience with any of these two SCTs, I used to have the B5M, the 22 3.0 and the T5M. The 22 3.0 felt way better than the B5M, probably due to its modern steering set-up and one-piece aluminium chassis. That being said, it was way slower than my YZ-2 on high grip due to its immense traction it generates, which is why I used it as a wet car. Built quality was really good overall, although I did not like the steering plastics too much.
If my experience with the buggies is any judge, the 22 SCT 3.0 will most likely be a step forward from the SC5M. However, it does not come with a laydown gearbox and as far as I know is not prepared to accept one right out of the kit. If you are willing to invest in an exotek gearbox or keep your fingers crossed that TLR will release a moulded laydown gearbox, the 22 SCT 3.0 will be the truck you are looking for.
Thanks! Thats a good comparison actually. It gives me more confidence. It sounds like I will need the laydown gearbox though.