View Single Post
Old 16-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
I think that the truth of the matter is that the amount of work required to maintain a track, make sure there is somebody there to open / lock up and all the other administrative and organisational chores is huge compared to the number of people who would attend!

I have been, until very recently, a member of the Kidderminster club myself and it is essentially the work of two guys, Tony and Paul who keep that place together. Both of them have been around racing for a long time but now neither they, or their boys, race. I think they do an amazing job and am greatful for there efforts in keeping one of the UKs best venues alive which is why I try to be at any meeting run at Kiddy!

Now you have to ask yourself would you go and open up the track, clean and maintain it every weekend when you knew that few people would be there and you / your family aren't even getting the fun of track time? I think the answer for most would be no.
Exactly right, but it would be appreciated by Club Organisors, and by that I mean any club, if more people offered their assistance in setting up & packing away.

I assume therefore, that you can be called upon you at the meeting on Sunday and also for the Regionals and E.O.S. to help lug speakers and erect safety fencing etc.!!