Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012
Mad Member

Ok you did ask Bit off topic but here goes......don't want to hijack this thread.

I've been here just over a year and started with a temporary hose/tyres track on a netball court, that gained initial interest and I just downloaded some free lap timing software and counted manually.

Then together with the local hobby shop owner, now a good friend, I presented to management of the shopping centres.....both were lots of work, basically starting the hobby from scratch, they'd never had a track before and I had to promote R/C and get people spending money....my wife was not best pleased. I did a race weekend in a shopping centre in the UK too which was a big success (and great fun) called the Union Square GP.

So, the 1st track was built for 1/10th scale electric TC in the car park of a shopping centre here in Muscat called Qurum City Centre.

The 2nd one is above the food court in Omans largest shopping centre, Muscat Grand Mall (literally a few stairs up from McDonalds, KFC etc) and consists of a 1/10th on road electric TC track with permanent MyLaps/AMB timing, an astro off road track (probably too small for 1/10th), a drift track and an AR Drone flying course......we're just finalising the build now but have held a trial race on the on road track.

Next I'm looking to do a 1/10th off road electric track somewhere away from sand - there's lots of that here.

There was an article in April's RC Racer Magazine about all this - can't attach the pdf as it's too big.

See attached pics.

Cheers,

Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gp.jpg (236.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Panorama drivers view.jpg (62.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg main.jpg (38.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg tc.jpg (32.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg top.jpg (26.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20120405_143004.jpg (279.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04718.jpg (344.6 KB, 19 views)