Thread: Springs & Oils
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017
Mad Member

I'm not sure there is a set way of matching oil and springs, it's more a case of setting things to suit a bumpy track or a smooth track, or high grip or low grip.

I'd ask some of the quicker guys at your local club or check out some setup sheets from the manufacturer website. That will give you a good starting point and may save you buying oil and springs you might only ever use once.

I'm not familiar with the B5 range of cars, but traditionally with 2wd off road cars your looking at running oil between 30wt and 40wt in the front and 25wt and 35wt in the rear. Usually 5wt thinner in the rear.

Thinner oil for bumpy tracks and thicker oil for smoother tracks or when there is lots of grip.

Remember you can also change the pack of the shock by using different pistons, A smaller piston hole increases pack and a bigger hole reduces pack, with small holes being good on smooth tracks or ones with bugs jumps, while bigger holes help on bumpy tracks. Just to throw another variable in there!

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!