View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
Hi,

I am about to order replacement parts for my ball diff and have a question about what type of grease to order. I was told by a veteran racer to use black for the larger balls and white/clear grease for the smaller ones.

Does this sound right and if so, what grease do I need to buy as there seems to be a few variations of the stuff.

Thanks
yeah as above, that's totally the wrong way round, and you'll kill your fresh balls and plates first run if you do that.

Black moly grease is for the small thrust race. This is a molybdenum disulphide metal lubricant for parts under pressure/friction or load.
Clear silicone grease is for the large balls and plates. Lots of the major brands versions are good to use. Some swear by Associated diff grease. I personally like the kyosho grease. The silicone grease isn't actually a lubricant, it contains silica and is used so the balls actually grip the plates. the "better" greases tend to contain more silica.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------