View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I dont think Ducati would have made the Duke "more of a Hayden bike" over stoner. Why would they? Casey is their #1 so of course things would be engineered more off of his feedback than anything.

Casey was strong when his bike was 10mph faster than everything else. He was never as strong as Vale on the brakes and never as stable when cornering...he was just luck enough to have a very fast bike. I think now that the Duke is on a level par with the Yamaha his true colours have shown and he cant handle the pressure. As has been said before, he had a crap time with Honda on a badly prepped bike that he rode to hard. I remember his crashes on that bike..all the time LOL

Even Rossi, in an MCN interview says that the new 1000cc bikes are gonna be pants cos they will be just like the 800's but slightly bigger. You could put any motor in you like but with all the electronics its just gonna be a case of hit the throttle and let the CPU work its magic. Hes said he wishes things were like the days of circa. 2005, very limited traction control and alot more fun to ride (and watch).

I love MotoGP, ive been a fan all my like of bike racing but this season has been a little bland. I remember the days of Stoner -vs-Rossi where Casey would out do Vale on the straight, then Rossi would duck under Casey in a corner and it would repeat for 20+ laps...ace to watch!
I remember the old 2005 days where you could easily see a train of 8 or 9 riders all battling for position for the duration of the race....I even remember a time when Rossi could come out of turn 1 in last place and still have a damned good chance of winning the race! but all the electronics has basically tamed it all down so now after lap 3 you just spend the remaining 20 laps watching gaps get bigger until maybe someone down the back end of the group tries to make a move on.

Get rid of the electronics I say

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups